Friday 13 April 2012

Colorful Creations - Fi's Autumn Palette Challenge

It’s been a busy couple of weeks with kids on school holidays but I managed to get a challenge or two done! I attempted Colourful Creations – Fi’s Autumn Palette where you had to create a page with FIVE colours! It was a challenge and a half (and I think I didn’t get one colour right) but I am happy I attempted it and have done yet another page for the future of my family!



We had to create a page with 5 colours on the palette, confetti (that was fun – try gluing all those pieces down LOL), journaling (naturally), banners & stitching! I love stitching anyways as I do cross stitch projects from time to time so no probs there. I just always have to challenge myself with the colour palette! The banners are under the title, I hand stitched the swirls and my confetti are little hearts cut out from the trusty ole hole punch that has interchangeable shapes! It’s a goldie oldie but was great for this challenge!

I decided to scrap photos of our daughter with her daddy when she was only a few hours old. I journalled ….”A sweet moment captured only hours after Jazz was born”….Newcastle 4am. It was a long day and we were all pretty tired after the birth so it was lovely to see Peter holding Jasmine in a comfy chair that they both fell asleep on – so sweet!

Well off to do the next challenge….

Happy Days!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there:) Woooowsa , this page is amazing!!!A lovely page of a treasured moment Have been studying it for some time now and am completely stunned:) Have you sewn on the "swirls" yourself?Awesome !and Those wrapped flowers are gorgeous, as well as the whole composition :)xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Angelica - your words are inspirational! Yes it was a treasured moment too! I have hand-stitched the swirls as I love to do embroidery & cross-stitch. I did alot of it before I started scrapbooking. I tend to do x-stitch when everyone is watching TV as I need to do something with my hands LOL!

      Delete
  2. This was a stunner Rach, loved all that stitching the colours were perfect and it all came together beautifully. Thanks for taking up the challenge. Oh and congrats, because your page was also featured.

    ReplyDelete