Tuesday 17 April 2012

Colourful Creations - Tag of the Month - VINTAGE TAG

In between pages I decided to join the Colourful Creations Tag event and create a Vintage Tag. The requirements were not restrictive only that it represents vintage - so we could go to town!!! Yippee!




I enjoyed creating this tag as it was 2 weeks since I had done anything in my scrap room (was getting withdrawals) but the tag challenge got the creative juices flowing and this was my result.  I usually get inspiration from a designer called Julie van Oosten - she created elements with her 'Designing Elements' called 'Collections' when it comes to vintage.  She has a few designs that I like but usually mine never turn out anywhere near as fancy as hers LOL!

I used embossing powder on some paper that I used from a border punch and the stamped letter was embossed also.  I fussy cut the flowers, butterfly and leaves and used a walnut stain to distress the tag.  All in all I was happy with the result.

Happy Days

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Rach, love the embossed letter and all the distressing and inking looks great on your vintage tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous tag Rachel! So glad you have joined us at Colorful Creations, I have really enjoyed seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning,elegant and gorgeous..I love your style.

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete